Saturday, July 3, 2010

How an Average Woman Spends Her Time Exploring Vampires, Ghosts, Demonic Possession and Time Travel

So, as a young girl in the early 70s, I used to walk home from school with a neighbor girl who was just a few years older. We would go to her house, dump our bookbags, grab a snack and turn on Felix the Cat. That was simply a warm-up as what we were really waiting for was Dark Shadows. That’s right. Long before Twilight captured the hearts of screaming teenagers and lonesome housewives, many of us were already having a love affair with vampires. One vampire in particular: Barnabas Collins.

Now, Netflix has provided me with countless hours of incredible entertainment. I like watching foreign films and BBC comedies, as well as classic films I might never have seen. I also have access to shows I never thought I would see again, so I decided to search for Dark Shadows in order to show my daughter what she had missed. To my delight, the show was available, all 1,199 episodes. That’s right, 1,199! I discovered that the first year was primarily forgotten episodes building the show’s background. I could hardly wait to begin!

I am getting a 9-episode disc about every three days. I have currently seen 143 episodes. I will start this blog by giving you a quick overview of what I have seen to date. Starting with episode #144, I will give you a mini-review of each disc. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I am going to enjoy writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment