Monday, August 9, 2010

Thicker Than Water

I had to get blood drawn the other day. The nurse was so efficient, I barely realized she had put in the needle when she was already removing it. That was a good thing. I’ve never fainted, but I always get woozy. Bring a needle near me and the ocean sounds in my head and my stomach leaps to my throat. Someone else’s blood doesn’t bother me, though. I have cleaned numerous scrapes and cuts and gaping wounds in my teaching career without ever having that funny feeling.

Lucky for me as the last few episodes were filled with blood. Oh, not like in movies where it covers the scenes like thick red paint. This was far more subtle.

The doctor who was treating Maggie finds something puzzling in her blood sample. The doctor then insists on drawing blood from a reluctant Willie, fearing he may have the same condition as he has exhibited the same symptoms. Could this be an epidemic? Could the answer to Maggie’s disappearance somehow be found in Willie’s blood? (The doctor posed that question, not me.) Then we hear about blood that was spilled at Collinwood years before. Blood that chains Elizabeth to Jason as he is the only one who knows that Elizabeth killed her husband. And slimy Jason, who makes my blood run cold, blackmails Elizabeth into agreeing to marry him so her secret will not be revealed to Carolyn, a move that could still cost Elizabeth her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment